Assignment and roles:
- Act as security lead on security standards, regulations and compliances.
- Works closely with different departments and management team as security expert on projects related to the design, development, deployment, monitoring and evaluation of new products and services
- Implements or improve security measures by assessing current situation on our services, networks and systems; evaluating trends and anticipating threats risks.
- Implement and maintain cybercrime security protection services (e.g. DOS prevention).
- Review and maintain systems securities (Antivirus, Anti-Spam, Firewalls)
- Review and implement access control measures for network and systems access. Implement and maintain a centralized authentication system.
- Implement and maintain security monitoring and alerting solutions to detect risks in real time on systems and networks.
- Recognizes vulnerability problems and identifying abnormalities by conducting periodic security reviews including audits and system/network vulnerability scans.
- Review and help establish company security policies and procedures
- Training internal staff on security risks, enforcing security measures and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 7+ years of experience in the field of information security with strong technical background.
- Solid experience in firewalls administration, network security, IP protocols and technology infrastructures (directory access services, distributed secure architectures)
- Strong experience in security operations, monitoring, reporting and threat metrics.
- Proficiency with system administration on Linux, Windows and virtualization platforms; administration, maintenance, troubleshooting, monitoring.
- Security and networking certifications are an asset
- Strong knowledge of security standards such as PCI and ISO
- Excellent network troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills (English & French)
babyTEL offers it's team members a great opportunity to stay on the leading edge of the new technological innovations in their field of work and play an important role in exciting projects shaping the future of the telecommunications industry. babyTEL provides a competitive salary and benefits and the potential to expand your career. We are located in the heart of downtown Montreal (near the metro and train stations).
If you are a passionate, innovative & enthusiastic candidate, you’ll find babyTEL’s culture to be exciting, challenging and rewarding. Come work for one of the technological leaders in today’s telecommunications carrier market.
Driven by innovation and a passion for the future, babyTEL Inc. (www.babytel.net) is a growing provider of fully featured VoIP Telephone Service, as well as mobile & social applications and is well positioned in the emerging Internet Telephony market.